Data Purchase Agreement
This DATA PURCHASE AGREEMENT (this “Agreement”) is comprised of the Terms and Conditions set forth below and any Insertion Order that incorporates this Agreement (an “Order”) or any order submitted by Advertiser to Company utilizing the Company’s ticketing system that incorporates this Agreement (a “Ticket”), which together shall constitute the “Agreement.” Any Order or Ticket referencing this Agreement is incorporated into and made part of the Terms and Conditions, and all such documents constitute a legal agreement between CONNECTING THE DOTS LLC, a Colorado limited liability company (“Company”), and the client/customer set forth in the Order or Ticket to which this Agreement is incorporated (“Advertiser”). Company and Advertiser are sometimes collectively referred to herein as the “Parties” and may be individually referred to as a “Party”. In consideration of the mutual promises hereinafter set forth and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, the Parties, intending legally to be bound, covenant and agree as set forth below.
BY EXECUTING ANY ORDER OR SUBMITTING ANY TICKET THAT INCORPORATES THIS AGREEMENT, ADVERTISER ACCEPTS AND AGREES TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. THE INDIVIDUAL ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF A COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT SUCH INDIVIDUAL HAS THE AUTHORITY TO LEGALLY BIND SUCH ENTITY AND ITS AFFILIATES TO THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS EFFECTIVE BETWEEN COMPANY AND ADVERTISER AS OF THE DATE OF ADVERTISER’S EXECUTION OF AN ORDER OR SUBMITTAL OF A TICKET (THE “EFFECTIVE DATE”).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This Agreement controls Advertiser’s purchase of “Data Files” from
Company. The conditions, quantities, and other specifics of each Data
File purchase shall be agreed to in an Order or Ticket, which is
deemed an integral part of this Agreement. The terms of this Agreement
shall govern each Order or Ticket. In the event of any discrepancy
between the terms of this Agreement and an Order or Ticket, the terms
in this Agreement shall control. As used herein, “Data Files” shall
mean the data record for an individual (whether or not any such
individual becomes an actual customer of Advertiser or its client(s)),
which has been compiled by multiple third-party sources.
Advertiser shall pay the Company the applicable rates and fees
(collectively, the “Fee”) for the Data File, as established in each
applicable Order or Ticket. All applicable fees set forth in an Order
or Ticket shall be paid by Advertiser in advance of its receipt of any
of the applicable Data File. Advertiser will provide Company with
valid credit card or ACH information. By providing a credit card or
ACH information, Advertiser authorizes Company to charge such credit
card or bank account for the Fee. All sales are final and
non-refundable, except as expressly provided in an applicable Order or
3. Acknowledgement; Disclaimer.
a. Compliance with Applicable Law. By accessing and using any Data File, Advertiser, on its behalf and that of its affiliates or subsidiaries (each, a “User”), represents and warrants that its use of any and all Data Files will be in strict compliance with all applicable Company guidelines, as well as all applicable local, state, national, federal and international laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act of 1999 (15 U.S.C. §§ 6801 et seq.) and the Federal Trade Commission’s Safeguards Rule (16 CFR Part 314), the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, as amended (“CAN-SPAM”), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 USC § 227), and its implementing regulations adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (47 CFR § 64.1200) (the “TCPA”), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Federal Communications Act, the Amended Telemarketing Sale Rule (“ATSR”), 16 CFR 310 et seq., and laws governing the National Do-Not-Call Registry, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (the “HITECH Act”), the HIPAA Privacy Rule, the HIPAA Security Rule, and all rules and regulations promulgated under any of the foregoing (collectively, “Applicable Law”). Without limiting the foregoing, each User represents and warrants that, where such User intends to conduct any telemarketing activities in connection with any Data File, it has the legal authority to download information from the National Do Not Call Registry (“NDNCR”) using a Subscription Authorization Number (“SAN”).
b. Disclaimers. Each User acknowledges that Company utilizes multiple third-party sources and collection methods in its Data File compilation processes. The third-party sources are solely responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness, appropriateness and/or validity of the Data Files, and the legality associated with their collection and dissemination. Company does not represent or warrant that the Data Files and/or other information made available by and through the Data Files is accurate, complete or appropriate, or that such Data Files were collected in compliance with Applicable Law. Company makes no representation or warranty that the Data Files are collected in a manner that satisfies any applicable legal requirements for use in any specific manner or are fit for any particular purpose. Users should consult with their own legal counsel before initiating any online or offline marketing campaign utilizing the Data Files. Without limiting the foregoing, each User hereby expressly acknowledges and agrees that, in the event that any consumer information contained in any Data File provided by Company includes telephone numbers, each User acknowledges and agrees that Company makes no claim that any such consumer information was collected from consumers who have provided “prior express written consent” as required under the TCPA and/or Do Not Call List requirements and any applicable rules, regulations or guidelines. As a result, Company does not make any claim, representation or assertion that User, or any third party, may: (i) call any landline or mobile phone numbers contained within any Data File, without first scrubbing against the NDNCR; and/or (ii) call any landline or mobile phone numbers contained within any Data File through the use of an automatic telephone dialing system or pre-recorded or artificial voice message or text message without first separately obtaining “prior express written consent” from each such consumer that comprises the subject Data File (each, a “Consumer”), as required under the TCPA. Each User hereby expressly acknowledges and agrees that, in the event that any Consumer information contained in any Data File provided by Company includes e-mail addresses, such consumer information WAS NOT collected from consumers who have “affirmative consent” as required under CAN-SPAM. As a result, Company does not make any claim, representation or assertion that User, or any third party, may send commercial e-mail messages to any e-mail addresses contained within any Data File, without first separately obtaining affirmative consent from each such subject Consumer, as required under CAN-SPAM.
4. Term and Termination. This Agreement shall be in effect as of the Effective Date and shall remain in effect until all purchases set forth in the Order or Ticket are fulfilled and completed or until such time as either Party terminates the Order or Ticket upon thirty (30) days’ written notice. In the event that Advertiser terminates this Agreement or an Order or Ticket other than for cause due to Company’s material breach, Advertiser shall pay all costs and service charges incurred through the effective date of termination, including any future non-cancellable commitments. Advertiser’s obligation for payment under this section shall be in addition to and not in lieu of any other remedies Company may have under applicable law.
5. Data. Advertiser hereby acknowledges and specifically agrees that Company shall retain all right, title and interest in and to any and all Data Files delivered by Company to Advertiser under this Agreement. Company hereby grants to Advertiser, for the duration of this Agreement, a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use any Data File delivered pursuant to this Agreement and any other Order or Ticket for purposes of contacting and soliciting such potential consumers about the Advertiser’s products, services and/or other offerings only. Advertiser acknowledges and agrees that Data Files are non- exclusive and may be sold by Company to other customers at any time.
6. Confidentiality. Each Party may be given access to the other Party’s Confidential Information during the course of this Agreement. As used herein, “Confidential Information” shall mean any information shared under this Agreement, whether or not such information is disclosed as confidential either orally or in writing, including without limitation: the terms of this Agreement; any customer, vendor or financial information; any marketing plans, services, or data; or any information that by its nature would reasonably be understood to be confidential. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not be considered any of the following: (i) information which becomes generally known to the public through no act or failure to act by receiving Party; (ii) information that was known by the receiving Party before receiving such information; (iii) information that is hereafter rightfully obtained by the receiving Party from a third party without breach of any obligation to the disclosing Party; (iv) information that is independently developed by the receiving Party without use of or reference to the Confidential Information by persons who had no access to the Confidential Information; or (v) data which is not owned by the disclosing Party. Using at least the same degree of care for its own confidential and proprietary information but in any event no less than a commercially reasonable standard of care, the receiving Party shall have a duty to safeguard, keep confidential and secure, and prevent unauthorized use and disclosure of all Confidential Information it receives from disclosing Party hereunder. Excepting trade secrets, which shall be held confidential for an indefinite period of time or until such trade secret becomes public knowledge through no act or failure to act of receiving Party, the receiving Party shall safeguard all Confidential Information as required hereunder for a period of five (5) years from the date and time of disclosure. Receiving Party may disclose the Confidential Information to those staff, advisors and vendors who need to know such Confidential Information as is reasonably necessary for receiving Party to carry out its duties hereunder; provided that all such Parties are under an obligation of confidentiality at least as restrictive as that set forth herein. The receiving Party may also disclose the Confidential Information as required under applicable law or judicial or administrative order, provided that disclosing Party is notified with a reasonable time for disclosing Party, at its own expense, to make its own objections and protective orders. Except to the extent that Confidential Information is required for services continuing hereunder, at any time a disclosing Party may request in writing, and receiving Party shall promptly comply, that receiving Party return and destroy any or all of the disclosing Party’s Confidential Information held hereunder.
7. Indemnification. In addition to any of Advertiser’s indemnification obligations described in other sections of this Agreement, Advertiser shall fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company for any and all claims, actions, causes of action, demands, losses, liabilities, costs, damages, and expenses including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees and associated costs) of any nature whatsoever asserted against, resulting to, imposed upon, or incurred by the Company or its directors, officers, contractors or consultants, successors, and assigns, directly or indirectly, by reason of, resulting from, or attributable to Advertiser’s or any User’s products, services, marketing or advertising claims, breach of any applicable law, use or misuse of any Data File, negligent act or omission, or breach of any of Advertiser’s representations, duties, obligations, covenants, or agreements contained herein.
8. Limitation of Liability. Notwithstanding any indemnification obligations hereunder, neither Party shall be liable to the other for: (i) incidental, special punitive, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, including lost profits, lost data, lost revenues, loss of business opportunity, or harm to reputation or brand, whether or not either Party was aware or should have been aware of the possibility of such damages; or (ii) a total aggregate liability hereunder, if any, exceeding the amounts paid or payable hereunder in the three (3) months immediately-preceding the circumstance which gave rise to the claim. The limitations under this section shall not apply to any indemnification or confidentiality provisions hereunder.
9. Disclaimer of Guarantees and Warranties. Except as otherwise explicitly stated herein, the Services and deliverables, including Data Files, are sold “as is” and Company makes no other warranties (express or implied) with respect to the performance of its services or deliverables, including without limitation, any guaranty for performance or specific action or result, or implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Company shall not be liable for any unavailability of services or deliverable for reasons beyond Company’s reasonable control.
10. Non-Circumvention. Advertiser hereby acknowledges that Company maintains direct contractual relationships with certain third-party companies who sell goods or other services to Company for Company’s use in the provision of the services to Advertiser, (“Vendors”). Advertiser further acknowledges that Company has invested considerable resources and intellectual property in the establishment of its direct contractual relationships with the Vendors, and that Company would suffer harm if Advertiser were to circumvent Company and contract directly or indirectly with the Vendors. Therefore, Advertiser hereby agrees that during the term of this Agreement and any agreement currently binding the Parties, and for a period of two (2) years following termination of this Agreement, Advertiser shall not knowingly, nor shall it knowingly permit any third party acting on its behalf to, directly or indirectly, in any manner solicit or purchase any Data Files from any Vendor who provided Data Files to Company in connection with this Agreement. Such permission shall not be unreasonably withheld in the event that Advertiser knowingly: (a) had a direct contractual relationship with the Vendor in question that was current and valid as of the Effective Date; and (b) was actively purchasing and trafficking advertising from the Vendor in question during the three (3) months prior to the Effective Date of this Agreement. If a Vendor used by Company for Advertiser approaches Advertiser in order to circumvent Company, Advertiser agrees that it shall notify Company of such actions within a reasonable time period.
a. Non-Solicitation. For the term of this Agreement and for one (1) year thereafter, Advertiser shall not, without the prior written consent of Company, directly solicit for employment any person employed by Company.
b. Survival. All the terms of this Agreement that reasonably may be interpreted as surviving termination of this Agreement shall survive the termination of this Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, the following sections shall specifically survive the termination of this Agreement: 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
c. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. Any suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of or matter arising out of this Agreement shall be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts of Clark County, Nevada, and each of the Parties hereby consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts (and of the appropriate appellate courts therefrom) in any suit, action or proceeding. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of the State of Nevada.
d. Severability. If any term or other provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced by any law or public policy, all other terms or provisions of this Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect so long as the economic or legal substance of the transactions contemplated hereby is not affected in any manner materially adverse to any Party. Upon such determination that any term or other provision is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced, the Parties hereto shall negotiate in good faith to modify this Agreement so as to effect the original intent of the Parties as closely as possible in an acceptable manner in order that the transactions contemplated hereby are consummated as originally contemplated to the greatest extent possible.
e. Successors and Assigns. Neither Party may assign this Agreement, in whole nor in part, without the other Party’s prior written consent, which shall not be unreasonably withheld. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either Party may automatically assign its rights and obligations hereunder to: (a) any corporation or entity resulting from any merger, consolidation, or other reorganization of such Party; (b) any individual or entity to which such Party may transfer substantially all of the assets and business of such Party; or (c) any entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with such Party, or of which such Party beneficially owns at least fifty percent (50%) of the equity interest therein. All the terms and provisions of this Agreement shall be binding upon, inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the Parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
f. Force Majeure. Neither Party is subject to, and neither Party shall be liable for, delays, failures to perform, damages, losses or destruction, or malfunction of any equipment or any consequence thereof caused or occasioned by, or due to acts of terrorism, fire, flood, water, the elements, labor disputes or shortages, utility curtailments, power failures, explosions, civil disturbances, governmental actions, shortages of equipment for supplies, unavailability of transportation, acts or omissions of third parties, or any other cause beyond the parties reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Advertiser shall not be relieved of its obligation to make timely payments of any amounts due under this Agreement or an Order or Ticket due to a Force Majeure Event.
g. Independent Contractors. The relationship between Company and Advertiser established by this Agreement is that of independent contractor and shall each conduct its respective business at its own initiative, responsibility and expense. This Agreement will not be construed to create any partnership, joint venture, agency or employment relationship between Company and Advertiser. Furthermore, the Parties each hereby acknowledge that this Agreement embodies the justifiable expectations of sophisticated parties derived from arm’s-length negotiations.
h. Waiver and Remedies. No term or provision hereof shall be deemed waived and no breach excused unless such waiver shall be in writing and signed by the Party claimed to have waived or consented. No course of dealing or failure of either Party to strictly enforce any term, right or condition of this Agreement shall be construed as a waiver of such term, right or condition. The remedies specified in this Agreement are in addition to any other remedies that may be available at law or in equity.
i. Entire Agreement and Headings. This Agreement, including the Order or Ticket, shall constitute the entire Agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersede all existing oral and contemporaneous or written contracts or agreements between the Parties. Headings are provided for convenience purposes and shall not be used to construe or interpret the terms of this Agreement.